Wednesday, January 11, 2017

MId-Winter Convention and PA Farm Show

Students who are joining the FFA and receiving their jackets 














Tie tying teamwork!


First off, I want to talk about how amazed I was at the
representation of the agricultural industry in Pennsylvania during the Farm Show. I mean, everything you could think of from mushrooms to bicycle frames made from wood to alpaca wool mittens! It was a great experience and it makes me excited to be a part of a great industry in a great state.

Now, putting on my agriculture teacher hat, man it is a lot of work facilitating that experience for students. Making sure that you fundraise to be able to take students to the show, make sure that all of the students' projects are at the show at the right time, that they are ready, renting vans/buses, making sure no one gets lost...the list goes on! As an ag teacher you have to be on your game all the time especially during times like that.

Mostly as I reflect back on the experience, I am excited to start a career in which I get to learn and grow daily doing something that I am truly passionate about with the support of many great people.
Tractor restoration project by Bald Eagle students









1 comment:

  1. Michael, it truly does take a lot of effort to not only for the Farm Show to be a success, but the MId-Winter Convention and to have FFA members present. I'm so glad you were able to be a part of it and see all the complexities! I'm excited for your journey at Bald Eagle!

    LR

    ReplyDelete